Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ooops - Day 2 and Day 3 mid day :)

After last night's cranky episode I ate some popcorn and went to bed early, so I never posted my re-cap of day 2, so here it is now:

Breakfast was a whole wheat english muffin with a wedge of laughing cow and 1/4 cup of egg whites cooked in just cooking spray and an apple.  And of course the requisite coffee and fat free creamer.

Lunch was a cup of tomato soup and a slice of whole wheat toast with another wedge of laughing cow and an orange.  This time it was green tea and 2 cups of water.

Snack was a few handfuls of 98% fat free popcorn and a cup of green tea.

Dinner was 3 oz. of grilled salmon, 1 cup of brown and wild rice, and steamed broccoli and carrots with light hollandaise sauce (I make it from a fat free packet and fat free milk, and 2 tbs smart balance light margarine).  2 glasses of water!

Snack was more 98% fat free popcorn, a cup of no sugar added hot cocoa with a splash of soy milk, and more water.

I only worked out once - 20 minutes of fat burning yoga in the morning, but I skipped the lunar flow at bedtime and substituted watching Scrubs!!

So now we're on to today - day 3... I ate 1 cup of oatmeal with a tsp of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of raisins - and of course benefiber and a tsp of wheat germ.  And coffee. 

Lunch was hard - today PTA hosted our staff luncheon so the school was filled with the smells of a yuuuuummy looking lunch.  Including desserts.  Lots of desserts.  So I held strong and came home, but it was hard not to over indulge.  I drank green tea, and ate the other cup of tomato soup from yesterdays can... but then I also ate a sandwich of toasted bread, a wedge of laughing cow, 2 slices of deli turkey breast and some lettuce.  However, it filled me up and I feel good now. 

So far there has been no working out yet - but I plan to do a yoga session after posting, and then force myself to do another tonight before bed.  If I get the gumption I may even do 20 minutes on the trampoline too - but we'll see! 

Dinner tonight is up for debate... I was going to do red beans and rice with turkey kielbasa, but I am craving whole wheat pasta with EVOO roasted garlic, chicken, and veggies.  However, to throw one more wrench in my plan, I have a whole leftover pan of a stuffing and chicken cordon bleu casserole (stuffing mix cooked in water only - no butter, boiled chicken breasts shredded up, but the unhealthy part is it's all topped with sliced deli ham and full fat swiss) that I shouldn't eat... but it's here, cooked, and I don't know what to do with it.  The problem is it's soooo good, I have a really hard time not eating too much of it.  I have been doing a good job only cooking specific portions of dinners so I can stick to portion control - this is a big pan of food that I love, and I know I can't stop myself from eating more than my share.  Maybe I can bring it to someone else?  My grandparents are in town still at my dad's for my uncles funeral tomorrow, maybe they'll want it.  That's a good idea!  LOL.

Okay, that's all for now

No comments: