Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 1 - mid day

So far, so good.  I feel very successful today, and it feels like a good start to my plans.  Here's what I've done today:

7AM - Breakfast: Monkey Smoothie - one 4oz container of fat free vanilla Activia yogurt blended with 4oz light vanilla soy milk, one frozen banana, one tbs of natural, fresh ground peanut butter, one tsp chocolate syrup, and one tbs each benefiber and wheat germ.  It was really very tasty and totally filled me up!

9:45AM - Work Out: I did 20 minutes of yoga, then 10 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the trampoline.  Then I popped in some high energy music on the iPod and cleaned my house for about 20 minutes, dancing all the way!  One cup of green tea down before the workout started

12PM - Lunch: I had a sandwich of two slices of Sara Lee Whole Grain White bread with 2oz of turkey breast meat, 1 wedge of laughing cow light swiss cheese, 1/4 cup lettuce, and a tsp of mustard.  I also ate about 8 baby carrots and an orange. 2 full 8oz glasses of water, too!

3PM - Snack: Started with another mug of green tea, followed by 2 celery stalks filled with natural peanut butter and then 2 more 8oz glasses of water.

Dinner is going to be a baked potato topped with smart balance butter, steamed broccoli and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.  Probably a salad as well.  Later I will have a snack of more carrot sticks and maybe an apple.  If I am still snacky, I will either eat popcorn or pita chips with salsa.  I am really hoping to get in another 20 minutes of yoga tonight after the kids are showered and in bed before Jeff and I sit down to watch TV!  Been a pretty good day - I'll check in again either tonight or in the morning and let you know how I do and plan for tomorrow!

No comments: