Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cookies, Cupcakes and Wedding Cakes... oh my!

I've been in a serious baking mood lately.  For months now, actually.  Pinterest has been the death of me.  However, I've made some awesome stuff!  White Chocolate - Oreo fudge, chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake, and toffee-brownie cheesecake were just a few of the ones I started with.

I made these cupcakes for my mom's bachelorette party!  When her new hubby proposed, he gave her a ring pop with a diamond in it, so we carried the theme through to the party!

Then, it was time for the wedding cake.  My mom got married on November 11th, 2011 (yes, 11-11-11!) and asked me to make her cake.  It was a white chocolate cake with raspberry filling, and white chocolate buttercream frosting under marshmallow white chocolate fondant.  Can you tell the happy couple has a serious thing for white chocolate??  I used feathers in between the layers, red royal icing flowers, and Wilton's sugar sheets for the purple and damask ribbons.  They were pleased, and the best part - it tasted FANTASTIC!!

Today, along with all the Thanksgiving day prep cooking and baking, I also made some french vanilla cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and teal fondant stars for my oldest daughter's class tomorrow to celebrate her 11th (!!!!) birthday on Friday.

It's been fun.  My waistline isn't happy, but the baking has been fun!

No comments: