Friday, January 9, 2009

Dinner

I am so hungry!  Not physically, I don't think - lunch was filling - but because we just booked our weekend away for the end of next month (our 8th anniversary) and we're going to Leavenworth, which is my favorite vacation spot (we don't get out much, or I'd probably say Cancun or something, LOL) and one reason is because of the Cheesemongers Shop they have there.  They have the very best cheese in the world, especially the Butterkase, the Basil Garlic Gouda, the Cotswold, the Drunken Goat and the Mango Ginger Stilton.  See why I am hungry???  Just the thought of all that yummy cheese, some fresh warm bread, and some of the wonderful wines and oh god, the Soup Cellar make me want to leave and drive up right now!!  Plus, there is the  Hot Sauce Shop, the place where, after a few too many drinks the night before, my lovely husband tried the hottest of sauces and puked!  Good times :)

So, instead of fresh cheese, warm bread, and great wine I am eating a turkey taco salad for dinner.  Ground turkey breast cooked in taco seasoning, black beans, olives, fat free sour cream and cheese, and a little salsa on a bed of shredded lettuce.  Good, but not cheese and bread :(

No comments: